Architectural & Exhibit Master Plan
Our most recent temporary exhibit is of what is about to come at the Pink Palace. The exhibit consists of several architectural white models representing the Pink Palace of the Future as well as concepts of the upcoming galleries.
The exhibit can be found in the common area adjacent to escalator, museum store and restaurant.
- View our Master Plan
- View the Executive Summary
- Click here for an article and video from The Commercial Appeal
The Pink Palace Master Plan
Exhibits will be updated and highly interactive.
The themes are:
- Physical Sciences and Geology
- Life Sciences, including fitness, nutrition, health and wellness
- Regional and Cultural History
Each area can be entered separately or the visitor can move through them in order.
Pink Palace Treasures:
- The Piggly Wiggly Store
- Clyde Parke Circus
- Shrunken Head…etc.
These items will be moved to a place of honor in the Mansion: Second floor of the Mansion’s East Wing will be open to the public after many years, housing the Clyde Parke Circus.
Be a part of transforming this beloved Memphis treasure into an even greater educational resource for the future.
‘We shape our buildings and afterwards they shape us.’
Sir Winston Churchill
‘Make no little plans as they have no magic to stir men’s blood.’
'A museum is a place where one should lose one's ’head.’
Pink Palace Mission
The Pink Palace Family of Museums inspires people to learn how history, science, technology and nature shape the Mid-South. Through rich collections, thought-provoking exhibitions, and engaging programs, we encourage our diverse community to reflect on the past, Understand the present and influence the future.
Improvements for Our Visitors
The Pink Palace Master Plan will bring a number of striking improvements for our visitors:
- A new visitor entrance, with striking artwork, will face Central Avenue.
- A 5,000 square foot entry lobby
- 3,000 square foot, two-story volume space, with large, striking artifacts on display
- School group assembly area
- Restrooms, ticketing membership and gift store conveniently located near the new entrance
- A expanded travelling exhibit hall on the first floor
- AutoZone Dome at the Sharpe Planetarium
- Origins of the Universe exhibit in the near the Planetarium
- Grand staircase replacing escalator
- Enlarged Mezzanine
- Three continuous permanent exhibit galleries on the second floor
- Public access to the Mansion second floor
- Treasures of the Pink Palace in a place of honor in the Mansion