Lichterman Nature Center is the natural choice for your next corporate meeting, party or retreat, or wedding. Located on 65 acres of lush woodlands, meadow and lake, the Nature Center offers a variety of possibilities, both indoors and out. Lichterman also has ample parking and is conveniently located a few minutes from both the Poplar Avenue/ I 240 Poplar Avenue and the Ridgeway/Nonconnah Parkway exits.
William A. Loewenberg Visitor Center
The William A. Loewenberg Visitor Center is the perfect venue for:
- A corporate planning meeting with breakout sessions in one of the five outdoor pavilions
- A sunrise breakfast meeting
- Your parent's 50th wedding anniversary gala
- A luncheon for your club or civic group followed by a stroll across the new trails and boardwalk to enjoy the sights and sounds of nature.
The Visitor's Center
The Visitor Center's expansive windows and large decks offer serene panoramic views of Lake Lichterman. The Visitor Center is equipped with an excellent catering kitchen with prep tables, warmers, coolers, ice machine, and a three-compartment sink. This building features:
- Free WiFi
- The 1,550 square foot Learning Center with decks overlooking the lake, and a retractable wall that can separate this room into two smaller rooms
- A 2,600 square foot Orientation Area with 20' glass windows, a massive stone fireplace, and observation decks overlooking the lake; and
- A 1,600 square foot Classroom with a retractable wall that can separate this room into two smaller rooms and direct access at ground level to the boardwalk over the lake.
Davidson Special Events Pavilion
If a family reunion is what you have in mind, Lichterman's Davidson Special Events Pavilion is the ideal open-air facility. This outdoor pavilion is a 2,160 ft2 open-air facility located on the forest edge and features a stone fireplace, serving kitchen, restrooms and 18 picnic tables.
Looking for an open-air setting for a special presentation? The Nature Center's Amphitheater seats 125. There are spotlights, stage lights, and a raised stage. The stage is oriented with the lake as its backdrop and there is no charge for use of the amphitheater with rental of one of the other facilities.