This small, white clapboard cottage was built in the 1830's and was home to Irish immigrant, Eugene Magevney. Typical of pre-Civil War, middle-class homes, it is furnished as it might have been in 1850 and features several personal possessions of the Magevney family, including a desk bureau and other antiquities. A kitchen garden and grape arbor are found behind the house. The house is one of the city's oldest remaining residences.
Open the first Saturday each month from 1pm-4pm. Admission is free.
Please call 901-523-1484 for further information.
Click here to read about the Magevney House on the Tennesee TripTales blog!