Weekday & Weekend Volunteer Opportunities
SUMMER 2013 - RECRUITING VOLUNTEERS NOW FOR:
- “Swords into Plowshares – Soldiers’ Art & Music of the Great War” at the Pink Palace
Be a part of three exhibits in one on World War I: Share the story of metal trench art objects and tell how music publishers, songwriters and artists rallied support for our overseas troops. Exhibit also pays tribute to one of the greatest American war heroes of all time: Sergeant Alvin C. York of Tennessee. Exhibit runs June 8 – September 1 with training Thursday or Saturday, June 6 or 8, 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- IMAX® Gallery Volunteers at the Pink Palace can greet film viewers and show guests MidSouth Ice Age artifacts (saber-tooth cats, wolves, mammoths and mastodons) or Shark artifacts (beginning in late June). Help needed mid-day on weekdays, Tuesday afternoons or weekends.
- Tour Guides with excellent “people” skills needed at Mallory Neely House. If you are interested in Memphis history, step back into the Victorian era and help on Fridays or Saturdays.
- Be a Program Assistant at Lichterman Nature Center. You will greet and orient visitors coming for nature programs and Saturday volunteers might assist in craft activities as well. Come learn about our native animal wildlife as you help with these programs.
Call: 901-636-2438 or email email@example.com to volunteer.
We need volunteers who:
* Are good with children and love learning.
* Enjoy working with the public and providing excellent customer service.
* Are willing to be an extra hand at evening or weekend events.
* Love history, science, or nature and sharing that knowledge with others.
Exhibit Docents & Wildlife Interpreters
Interact with the general public and school groups as you explain exhibits and work at an activities table. Assist in outdoors programs sharing information about various habitats at Lichterman Nature Center.
Guest Service Representatives
Serve the public staffing the Information Desk in the Pink Palace Museum lobby or at Lichterman Nature Center. Greet and assist guests and school groups.
Gardening Volunteers at Lichterman
"Green Thumbs" are needed for the greenhouse and demonstration beds at Lichterman Nature Center and the vintage garden at Magevney House. Help with Plant Sale in the Spring.
Backyard Wildlife Center Assistants at Lichterman
Learn about animal wildlife as you prepare meals and clean animal areas for the education animals at Lichterman. Volunteers needed Tuesdays – Saturdays, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
IMAX Theater Hosts or Planetarium Assistants
Help IMAX® or Planetarium staff guide and seat guests and maintain the theater and lobby area.
Assist Education Department staff with hands-on programs and events for children and families.
Special Event Volunteers
Be a part of the fun and excitement of opening events or special programs by helping replenish food tables, serving beverages, and directing guests.
Pink Palace Crafts Fair
Enjoy the tastes, art, and fun of this signature Fall event. You have your choice of activity in one of a variety of booths: from helping in the country kitchen to donuts, face-painting to the zoo at this annual event in October.
Lend your office skills assisting in a variety of office-related tasks including: mailings, data entry, copying or typing educational materials in different departments of the Pink Palace, at Lichterman Nature Center or at the historic homes.
Friends of the Pink Palace
Share your expertise in crafts, fund-raising, publicity, community connections, auctions, etc. to plan and organize the Crafts Fair or another event for the Museum. You will expand your skills serving on a planning committee and have a key role supporting the Museum.
VOLUNTEERS ARE THE FOUNDATION OF OUR FAMILY OF MUSEUMS.
· Meet People
· Learn New Things
· Help Others
· Gain New Skills
· Special Events Invitations
· Store Discounts
· Museum Membership
Call: 901-636-2438 or email firstname.lastname@example.org