Emergency Operations During COVID-19 Closure
To help during this crisis period, please make your donation to Emergency Operations.
Your continued support during this crisis is very much appreciated!
Executive Director Kevin Thompson shares plans and news in the letter below. Although we can't visit in person, please visit the exciting new options on this website!
March 24, 2020
It is incredible to think we have closed the museum due to the COVID-19 virus. We are doing our part to assist the City in keeping our community safe.
We are also working to remain relevant to our community during the shutdown. Since we can't meet in person, we've added some exciting new features to our website. You can help us bring the museum into more households across the Mid-South by liking and sharing our Facebook and Instagram posts. Let your family and friends know what we are doing! I promise it'll be fun and interesting for everyone.
- We are streaming America’s Musical Journey – one of the large format films we’ve shown which we are able to stream for free thanks to the distributor. This movie has scenes shot on Beale Street and at the Arcade Restaurant.
- We are streaming The Sun, Our Living Star – one of our planetarium shows which shows never-before-seen images of the sun’s surface.
This past Monday (3/23), we began daily Monday through Friday posts on our website of:
- At-home science based activities for kids and adults of all ages.
- Curator’s Choice – a selection from our collection with a short summary of the back story.
And in the coming weeks, we intend to add:
- A deeper dive into the Yellow Fever epidemic. Our Friday Curator’s Choice will tee this up.
- An online experience related to our Hoops exhibit, celebrating Tiger basketball.
Look for more information to come as we continue to work through our strategic plan during this crisis.
This closing is temporary and we will be ready to return to normal operating hours as soon as circumstances permit. Keep in touch with our website and email communications to learn more of our plans. I look forward to the day we can see you at one of our facilities!
For now, the main focus is on staying safe, taking care of ourselves, and each other. Thank you for all that you do for our museum. See you soon.
Let’s keep at it,
Click to Donate Now
Donor Impact Newsletters
Please send your gift today. You will feel so good knowing you are making a difference.
Donate Now Online, Mail or Call:
Cathi Johnson, Director of Philanthropy
Cathi.Johnson [at] memphistn [dot] gov
Pink Palace Family of Museums
3050 Central Avenue
Memphis, TN 38111