Pink Palace Museum Chinese Memphians Oral History Collection Intern Wanted
Location: Pink Palace Museum 3050 Central Ave, Memphis TN 38111
Department: Exhibitions, Collections
Dates: January – May 2020
Hours: 5-10 hours a week (might include some weekends and evenings)
Please note: this is an unpaid internship opportunity.
- The Pink Palace Museum is developing an exhibit on the history of Chinese Memphians. The exhibit will run February 2021 to January 2022. This project is part of an ongoing “Community Series” of exhibits that focus on collaborating with new community groups to develop exhibits. For this project, interns will mainly focus on transcribing and editing oral histories collected from the Chinese communities of Memphis to be utilized as research material and complimentary exhibit content
- Assisting museum staff in transcription and editing of audio oral histories
- Assisting museum staff in collecting additional oral histories
- Attend events and presentations with Chinese community partners to raise awareness of the exhibit and gain additional contacts and resources.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable with large groups of people and one-on-one interaction
- Flexible schedule (including weekends and evenings)
- Comfortable with basic audio editing
- An undergraduate or graduate student with an interest in community outreach and engagement
Interested applicants please send resume/CV and letter of introduction to Nur Abdalla, Coordinating Curator, at nur.abdalla [at] memphistn [dot] gov by December 16, 2019. No phone calls.
Equal Opportunity Employer